Wiki Text Editing Rules
is one of the advantages of using a wiki. Users can edit the pages without knowing HTML, yet still use many of the features available in HTML.
- Do not indent paragraphs.
- Words wrap to window width and fill as needed. (Emphasis fails to work if you insert end of line by hand!)
- Use blank lines as separators.
- Four or more hyphens (----) at the beginning of a line make a horizontal rule.
- asterisk in column one for bullet item
- up to four asterisks for deeper indenting
- if you use more than three though, it will get rather messy looking.
- A numbered list can be obtained by using hash's.
- text for a numbered list.
- Indent with one or more spaces to use a monospace font:
This is text in a monospaced font.
This is indented with three spaces.
This is not.
You can generate vertical whitespace by using multiple newlines after a monospaced line, but doing so to create more than one blank line is discouraged.